In the land of marketing, there are many dos and don’ts. However, these rules are constantly changing with the times as we grow as customers and the way we consume advertising. The forms of media we view most are shifting with different generations, along with new search engines and shopping channels. As 2019 fast approaches, we’ve compiled our top 20 marketing statistics that you NEED to know for the new year – in order to grow your business!
Sources: Hubspot, Omnicore, VentureHabour
- Using videos on landing pages will increase conversions by 86%. (Wordstream, 2018)
- 90% of searchers haven’t made their mind up about a brand before starting their search. (Status Labs, 2018)
- 48% of consumers start mobile research with a search engine. (Smart Insights, 2016)
- 84% of people will not make a purchase if they are dealing with an unsecured website. (Blue Corona, 2018)
- Video content is 50 times more likely to drive organic search results than plain text. (Omnicore, 2018)
- 70-80% of search engine users are only focusing on the organic results. (MarTech, 2018)
- B2B ecommerce sales are expected to outgrow B2C ecommerce sales by 2020. (Ecommerce Platforms, 2018)
- Google drives 96% of mobile search traffic. (Jody Nimetz Co., 2018)
- Google is responsible for 96% of all smartphone search traffic, and 94% of total organic traffic.
- 18% of all local searches lead to a sale within one day. 72% of people who visit a physical location will choose one within 5 miles of their original location.
- 90% of searchers haven’t made their mind up about a brand before starting their search.
- 82% of searchers will use their phone to help them make a decision about an in-store purchase.
- Promotional ads or links should take up no more than 15% of a web page, otherwise, they may be subjected to penalties from Google.
- Mobile will account for 72% of digital ad spend by 2019. (eMarketer)
- The average world length of content that ranks on the first page of Google results is 1,890 words. (Backlinko)
- The best time of day to send emails is between 4pm and 8pm.(Experian, Marketing Charts)
- 46% of marketers say photography is critical to their current marketing and storytelling strategies. (CMO Council)
- 55% of marketers say blog content creation is their top inbound marketing priority. (HubSpot, 2018)
- 17% of marketers plan to add podcasting to their marketing efforts in the next 12 months. (HubSpot, 2018)
- Content marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing and generates about 3 times as many leads. (Demand Metric)
Leave A Comment